Weld County: Colorado Department of Transportation’s Safety Improvement Project Set to Begin on CO 392
The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) is set to commence a safety improvement project on CO 392 starting from October 18th. This project aims to enhance safety and mobility for motorists traveling on narrow two-lane highways in Weld County. The project is expected to be completed by December this year.
The project area spans CO 392 between County Road 27 and County Road 51, north of Greeley. As part of the safety improvement measures, CDOT crews will install LED flashing stop signs, replace signal heads, and widen the shoulder in certain areas. These enhancements are vital in ensuring a smoother traffic flow and enhanced safety for motorists.
To provide a visual representation of the project area, a map has been included below:
[Image: CO Highway 392 safety project map]
Figure: Safety work on CO 392 will start at County Road 27 (MP 110) and conclude at County Road 51 (MP 122).
Starting from October 18th, the project will result in the following traffic impacts:
– Daytime work hours will range from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
– There might be intermittent single-lane, alternating traffic in either direction throughout the project.
– Motorists should anticipate delays of up to 15 minutes and plan their journeys accordingly.
– The speed limit in the work zone will be reduced to 40 mph.
– The project is anticipated to continue until December 2023.
Project Contact Information:
For additional information or inquiries regarding this project, please contact the project team.
Know Before You Go:
CDOT strongly advises travelers to gather information about weather forecasts, anticipated travel impacts, and current road conditions before embarking on their journeys. Be proactive and stay informed. Utilize the following CDOT resources:
– COtrip App: The new COtrip Planner mobile app provides real-time traffic information statewide. It is available for download on iOS and Android devices, offering convenience and updates on the go.
Safety Tips for Traveling Through Work Zones:
To ensure your safety while passing through maintenance and construction work zones, please consider the following tips:
– Adhere to the posted speed limits and do not exceed them in work zones.
– Remain alert and anticipate the unexpected.
– Exercise caution and watch out for workers in the vicinity.
– Avoid unnecessary lane changes to maintain a safe and steady flow of traffic.
– Refrain from using mobile devices, such as phones, while driving through work zones.
– Keep your headlights on to improve visibility for workers and fellow drivers.
– Exercise extra caution when driving through work zones at night.
– Expect possible delays, especially during peak travel times.
– Maintain a safe distance between your vehicle and the one in front of you.
– Anticipate lane shifts and merge as instructed.
– Patience is key. Stay calm and composed.
Download the COtrip App!
Experience the convenience of the new COtrip Planner mobile app. Designed to cater to the needs of the modern traveler, it offers real-time traffic information for the entire state. The app is available for download on both iOS and Android platforms, ensuring you stay informed and updated on the go.
Remember, safety should always be the top priority when traveling. Stay vigilant, obey traffic rules, and drive responsibly through work zones. Let’s work together to ensure the safety of both motorists and workers!